A domain name transfer with Sitedarthosting.com is a simple process.
Note: Domains cannot be transferred until at least 60 days have passed since you registered or last transferred your domain. ICANN rules will not allow transferring of domain names to a different registrar until 60 days after you registered or transferred your domain.
- Login to the registrar where your domain name is registered.
- Make sure your domain name is unlocked. It will not transfer while the domain name is locked.
- Make sure that you have access to the domain name’s administrative contact email address. You will need access to email sent there or you will not be able to complete the transfer.
- If Private Domain Registration is turned on you will need to disable it. Private Domain Registration is an option that hides the owner’s personal information. With this turned on you will not be able to complete the transfer.
- Request your Authorization Code. This is often sent to the email address of the Administrative Contact. But sometimes this code is visible in the domain name’s panel.
- Once you have the Authorization Code you will need to provide it to the new registrar. This will be used to confirm the transfer authorization. If you have had to make changes to the administrative contact, disabled the Private Domain Registration, or unlocked your domain name, you should wait 24 hours to ensure the changes are reflected.
- You will receive an email shortly after using the authorization code asking you to agree to the Terms of Transfer. Read and agree to the terms.
- Once the transfer has been completed don’t forget to contact your previous host and cancel your plan there. Your previous hosting providers do not automatically cancel services following a domain transfer, so you will need to contact them