A Few Ideas to Promote your Business with Video
There are tons of video ideas you can take advantage of to promote your business, Here are some to help get you started!
What better way to showcase your expertise than to think of video ideas showing how to complete a task or provide a service?
It is about making it personable. Why not make a video introducing yourself and letting people know more about you? What drives you, makes you passionate about your business and makes you want to help others?
Product Info Videos
Explain the value of your product, the history, how to make the most of them and what to do if they’re broken.
If your company receives coverage on TV or radio, make sure you put that video online. If its a radio appearance, you can put the audio on a video and upload that. If you create a commercial, make sure that commercial goes online as well. Make the most of your coverage.
Behind The Scenes
People love to see how the sausage is made. Even if you’re not literally making sausage, give people a chance to look behind the curtain and see what makes your business tick.
If you have customers who are interested in letting people know that you did a great job for them, film their testimonial. It’s one thing to see a testimonial in writing, there’s something different altogether about seeing a real person talk honestly about how great your business is.
Office Facility Tours
Give people a chance to see what your business looks like on the inside. Take a tour of the warehouse or walk through the office to showcase what it’s like day-to-day.
Benefits of Adding Video to my Website
Videos can be used to deliver a wide range of information, and have many benefits for the customers and your business.
- Connect with your clients and customers on a personal level. It’s hard to use text to convey sincerity and the “personal touch” that sets small businesses apart from large corporations.
- Include a short video that introduces you to your clients. It’s a great chance to set yourself, and your business, apart from your competitors.
- Videos demonstrate services that are not easy to explain in writing. Telling a potential client what you do is one thing, being able to show them what you do is something else entirely.
- A quick video of your business in action can give your clients a sense of the professionalism and quality of service you provide. They don’t have to take your word for it, they can see it happening on the screen in front of them.
- A customer may be able to read a page of text in a few seconds or, if they don’t feel like reading, they may leave your website altogether. Videos present the same information in a more engaging format that allows you to take the time to demonstrate the concept.
With today’s technology, you can make your own videos inexpensively, and adding them to your website doesn’t require a degree in programming.
Business Videos – Should I Use Them on My Website?
Business Videos can be used to deliver a wide range of information, and have many benefits for the customers and your business. With today’s technology, you can make your own business videos inexpensively,and adding them to your website doesn’t require a degree in programming.
The Benefits of Business Videos
- Ability to connect with your clients and customers on a personal level
- Demonstrate services that are not easily explained in writing
- Video is easily searchable – YouTube is the second largest search engine, videos can be ranked high in Google results.
- Video is easily shared through social media
There are hidden benefits to using video that are slightly more complicated. The time a potential customer spends on your website is a factor used to determine your search engine ranking. The more time they spend on your website, the better it looks for your search engine ranking. A customer might read a page of text in a few seconds or, if they don’t feel like reading, they may leave your website altogether. You can present the same information in a more engaging format using business videos allowing you to take the time to demonstrate the concept. The extra time allows you to connect with the customer, demonstrate you service, and possibly improve your ranking.
Should I have a YouTube Channel?
Video can be a more effective way of sharing your expertise. Maybe you’re not the best writer, but you have a knack for being in front of the camera. YouTube allows you to share this content easily and most importantly free.
Here are 4 Reasons you should have a YouTube Channel
- Get FoundYouTube is the second most popular search engine.
- Free and EasyMore than likely you carry a video camera in your pocket every day. Record a video and upload it to YouTube, directly from your smartphone.
- BrandingCreating remarkable videos on your YouTube channel will only help differentiate your business from the competition. People love to watch videos on YouTube, and each video you upload with your brand keeps your business at the forefront of your audience’s mind.
- Search Engine RankingsVideo content has a major role in the search engine results. If you want to improve your search engine rankings, YouTube can help you do this.
Create your own YouTube Channel
One of the best ways to keep in the loop on YouTube is to create your very own YouTube page. With your own page, you can subscribe to channels you want to follow and post your own videos. You can also interact with others on your page and on others when you find common subjects of interest.
Creating your own YouTube channel is relatively easy. If you don’t already have a YouTube account, you will have to create one.
Follow these steps to create your own YouTube channel
- Go to youtube.com and sign up with an email address and password of your choosing.
- Fill out the information which includes your birthdate, gender and as an optional step, an alternate email address.
- You will eventually be taken to a page that is called “Terms of Service.” You can choose whether or not to read the terms, and while most people bypass doing so, it might be worth your while to do so as you will know in no uncertain terms what is allowed and what is not allowed when you have your own YouTube account.
- Check the box next to the words “Terms of Service.” You will then be brought to a new page in which you will be required to verify all of the information you have provided. Afterward, you can return to the main YouTube page, which will bring you to your channel.
You can do a few things once you are at the main page of your YouTube channel.
- You can view your history, likes and comments on various videos
- You can subscribe to channels you want to follow
- Post your own videos
- You can also interact with others on your page and when you find others with common subjects of interest
What is Vimeo?
Vimeo: Where the Smart Kids and AV Club Meet
Today, about 65 million unique viewers gather every month on Vimeo. There are about 8 million registered users. Besides being the meeting place for the smart and talented, Vimeo was one of the first video hosting services to standardize on HD and this made the service even more popular with the arts community.
Users (often called “Vimeans”) are passionate about the service because it is an extremely effective way to reach the right opinion-makers (other artists) with the right quality media (HD). A typical Vimean is allowed to upload up to 500 MB of average-quality video a week and one HD video per week. For $60 / year, “Vimeo Plus” membership allows Vimeans to upload up to 5 GB / week, unlimited HD video, unlimited creation of ad-free channels and HD embeds. For film school students and professionals, Vimeo’s Plus package is an inexpensive and impressive way to reach a world-wide audience of like-minded artists. For example, in 2010 at the first annual Vimeo awards, nominees included original creations from David Lynch, Morgan Spurlock, DJ Spooky and thousands of others.
The Difference Between Vimeo and Others Is Crucial
Unlike YouTube, Vimeo only allows users to upload original content. You won’t see any “super cuts” of Star Wars, voiceovers of “Call Me Maybe” or favorite scenes from Married With Children. Due to this the audience congregating on Vimeo is of a different caliber than that gathering on YouTube;And if that’s the type of audience you need to reach, Vimeo has done the work to give you the right platform.